” The information contained in this section is indicative only. The data used is from secondary sources only. Based on these the proposals policies for the MPD-2021 are being formulated. “
Making of the Plan
DDA is currently engaged in an extensive modification of the Master Plan of Delhi – 2001 and is preparing MPD with a perspective up to 2021 to cater to the increasing population and the changing requirements of the city.
As a prelude to the preparation of MPD – 2021, twelve subgroups have been constituted comprising:
- Experts and Professionals,
- Eminent Persons,
- Public Representatives,
- Concerned Departments,
- Sectoral Studies
- Series of Seminars inviting politicians, administrators, local bodies & RWA’s etc.
About 200 Experts are Deliberating on different aspects.
The Sub-Groups on:
- Demographic Profile
- Regional and Sub-Regional
- Trade and Commerce
- Physical infrastructure
- Traffic and Transportation
- Social Infrastructure
- Mixed Land Use
- Conservation and Urban Renewal
- Environment and Pollution
- Development Controls
- Public participation through series of seminars and interaction with Residents Welfare Associations etc.
- Recommendations of the sub-groups
- Central/state government and authority advice-
(Guidelines received from GOI – additional input being publicised for consultation with stakeholders)
- Draft plan
- Approval of GOI for the issue of public notice to invite objections & suggestions.
- Consideration of objections and suggestions
- Final plan