The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) on Wednesday said that a public hearing on the land pooling policy will be conducted on July 2 and 3. The urban body had issued public notices in January inviting all stakeholders to give objections and suggestions within a period of 45 days.

“Individual hearing of the persons who have filed their objections, suggestions, observations and views will be held on July 2 and 3, before the Board of Enquiry and Hearing,” the DDA said in a statement.

Through the land pooling policy, there will be uniform distribution of land to the respective landowners, said a senior DDA official.

“The land pooling policy, which was announced in 2013, has been reviewed by the DDA for the purpose of speedy and easy execution. The developer entity can be an individual land owner of one or more parcels of land in a delineated sector, adding up to a minimum of two hectares,” said the senior official.

The urban body said: “The developer entity can also be a group of land owners who have voluntarily grouped together through a valid and legally enforceable agreement, adding up to a minimum of two hectares. An entity, including a corporate entity, representing a group of landowners having an area of two hectares or more, can also be the developer entity.”

“Differential land return has been replaced with uniform division of land to respective land owners on a 60:40 basis. The developer entity or consortium will retain 60% of the pooled land and hold the remaining 40% on behalf of the DDA, which is to be surrendered as when required,” added the official.

Source : https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Delhi/public-hearing-on-land-pooling-policy-in-july/article24214146.ece

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *